The ultimate dessert for any chocolate lover is the decadent, ultra-smooth chocolate mousse. Its rich, creamy texture and light, fluffy feel makes it everyone’s favourite.
On National Chocolate Mousse Day, we give you three recipes from your favourite chefs that you can replicate in the comfort of your home.
Time: 15 minutes
- 300 grams Almond Milk
- 50 grams Jaggery
- 225 grams Vegan 70% Dark Chocolate
- ½ tsp Agar Agar
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or a double boiler.
- Simmer almond milk with jaggery and slowly dissolve the agar agar in it.
- Mix the almond milk and melted chocolate to make a chocolate ganache.
- Whip the avocado into a pulp and blend into the ganache for a mousse-like consistency.
- Set the chocolate avocado mousse in a dessert verrine.
- Layer the mousse with a vegan chocolate cake and serve with fresh raspberries or any other berry.
Time: 30 minutes
- 4 large Egg Yolks
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 226 grams Bittersweet Chocolate, Melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon (Add more for a stronger cinnamon flavour)
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks, 2 tablespoons sugar, and ¾ cup heavy cream. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-low heat, and stir until it coats the back of the spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk melted chocolate, cinnamon and vanilla in the mixture. Strain into a bowl and chill until cool.
- With an electric blender, beat remaining 1 ¼ cup heavy cream with 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff peaks form. From this, take about 1/3 cream and whip into the cooled chocolate mixture. Gently mix the rest with a rubber spatula.
- Set into coffee mugs and cover. Let it chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring to room temperature before serving. Garnish with whipped cream, a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, and some dark chocolate shavings.
Time: 30 minutes
- 110 grams Dark Chocolate
- 22 grams Butter
- 180 grams Whipped Cream
- 110 grams Nutella
- 70 grams Hazelnuts
- Roast the hazelnuts at 150 degrees for 10-12 minutes till golden brown. Let cool. Once cooled, place them on a marble surface and break into small pieces with a rolling pin.
- Whip the cream till you get soft peaks and keep aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler.
- Cool it to room temperature and pour into the whipped cream, whisking all the time, till you get the smooth texture of a mousse.
- In the chocolate mousse, whisk in 60 grams of Nutella till smooth.
- Transfer the mousse to one piping bag, and the remaining 50 grams of Nutella in another.
- To serve, put chopped hazelnuts in a jar, then pipe the mousse till the jar is half full. Add a layer of Nutella and pipe more mousse till the top of the jar.
- Garnish with chopped hazelnuts.