In this summer heat, it’s best to host parties at home where guests and the host can mingle in a relaxed, temperature-controlled environment. If you’re hosting a summer get-together at home, we suggest a few time-saving yet yummy recipes for you.
1. Honey Garlic Chicken
Make this sweet-savoury chicken dish for your friends and they’re sure to give you compliments.
Time: 15 minutes
500 grams Zorabian Pre Cut chicken
3 tablespoons Conscious Food Honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
Salt and black pepper
1/2 green chillies or red chillies for garnishing (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan. On the side, season the chicken with salt, pepper and soy sauce. Taste as you add the sauce, as it could get salty if used too much.
- Add the chicken to the pan and let it become golden brown.
- Mix honey, leftover soy sauce and garlic. Add the sauce to the pan and toss the chicken.
- Cook this mixture for another minute or two till it boils. Be careful not the overcook the chicken and make it soggy.
- Serve fresh with some green or red chillies garnishing.
2. Mascarpone Cheese Eggs
This cheesy, soft egg dish makes for a wonderful addition to your main meal.
Time: 15 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, cheese and seasoning. Whisk well.
- In a pan, heat the butter. Once melted add the mixture to it and mix well. Adjust the heat so that the eggs cook well. It should look like scrambled eggs and not broken into large pieces. Ensure that you turn off the heat right when the eggs are creamy and custard-like; they should not be watery or runny.
- Serve hot with toast and a garnishing of pepper if you like.
3. Dark Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
Bite into this easy-to-make dessert and enjoy its chocolatey goodness.
Time: 10 minutes
- Line a baking tray with wax paper.
- In a double boiler or microwave, heat peanut butter, milk and dark chocolate, stirring gently till the chocolate melts and has a paste-like consistency.
- Take the mixture off the heat, and slowly mix oats ensuring that there are no lumps.
- With an ice cream scoop or a big spoon, make small round portions on the baking sheet.
- Freeze for about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.