Loaded with the goodness of milk and richness of chocolate, hot chocolate is a beverage for all seasons. Be it a breezy summer evening, a cold rainy day or a meet-up with a friend, sipping hot chocolate is always a delicious experience. We bring you the secret recipes behind the hot chocolate at five of your favourite cafes.
1. 72% Organic Hot Chocolate By The Pantry Café
30gm 72% Nepenthe chocolates
100ml full-fat milk
1. In a double boiler or microwave, melt the chocolate and keep aside.
2. Steam or heat the full-fat milk.
3. Stir the two together and serve hot.
2. Nutella Hot Chocolate By Poetry By Love And Cheesecake
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup white sugar
1 pinch of salt
1/3 cup boiling water
3 1/2 cups milk
3/4tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup half-and-half cream
1/3 cup Nutella
1. Combine the cocoa, sugar and salt in a saucepan. Blend in with boiling water and bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir.
2. Simmer and stir for about two minutes. Watch that it doesn’t scorch.
3. Stir in the milk and Nutella and heat until very hot, but do not boil!
4. Remove from the heat and add vanilla.
5. Divide between 4 mugs. Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.
3. Hot Chocolate by Candy & Green
5gm 55% dark cocoa bar
1tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup steamed milk
1. Melt the cocoa bar in a saucepan or a mid-sized bowl.
2. Once the chocolate has melted, add the cocoa powder and sugar in it and stir.
3. Then add the steamed milk and mix well.
4. Pour in a coffee cup and serve hot.
4. Nutella Hot Chocolate by Aromas Cafe & Bistro
10ml chocolate ganache
20ml fresh cream
1 dark chocolate stick
5gm cocoa powder
5ml hazelnut flavour
1. In a jar, add milk and froth it.
2. Then add fresh cream and stir it properly.
3. In an Irish mug, add the chocolate ganache and heat it for 10 seconds in a microwave.
4. Add Nutella and hazelnut flavour in that mug.
5. Top the Irish mug with milk and garnish with cocoa powder.
6. Serve with a dark chocolate stick.
5. Hot Chocolate by Filli Cafe
25gm hot chocolate powder
10ml chocolate syrup
1. In a mid-sized bowl, pour the milk.
2. Add hot chocolate powder and chocolate syrup in it and blend thoroughly.
3. Heat this liquid mixture on an induction stove for some time.
4. Once it’s piping hot, pour it in a cup and serve.