Eleven years, 21 films, and countless theories – everyone’s favourite superhero franchise is finally going to release the last film that connects all the dots. And boy, are we excited! The theatres are getting sold out quickly, and it’s time to brush up your superpower knowledge from the movies in the last decade. As exciting as this binge watching is, it’s not really complete without popcorn to munch on. We take it a notch higher and give you 7 gourmet popcorn recipes that are quick and easy to make.
- Nacho Popcorn
Try your popcorn with a cheesy, nacho-flavoured twist to it.
Serves: 8 bowls
Time: 5 minutes
- 2 large bags (50 grams each) microwave popcorn, popped
- Chilli powder
- ½ cup sliced olives
- ¼ cup chopped green chillies
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Pop the corn in the microwave and remove the unpopped kernels.
- Divide the popcorn into 4 microwavable plates or one large tray. Sprinkle it with chilli powder, olives, and chillies. Add a light layer of cheese on top.
- Let it heat in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds, or till the cheese lightly melts.
- Mix it well when hot and serve warm.
- White Chocolate & Sprinkles Popcorn
Having a party for superhero fans? Try out this party-style popcorn.
Serves: 8 bowls
Time: 10 minutes
- 200 grams of white chocolate, melted
- 8 bowls of popped popcorn, lightly salted
- Colourful sprinkles as needed
- In a large bowl or baking tray, mix the popcorn with molten white chocolate. Do this gently, so that it just coats the popcorn pieces.
- After the popcorn cools and the chocolate hardens for about a minute or two, pour sprinkles on it and mix.
- Serve cool.
- Strawberry Popcorn
Ideal for kids, try this jelly-style popcorn at home.
Serves: 12 bowls
Time: 20 minutes
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 150 grams of milk chocolate, melted
- 300 grams of white chocolate, melted
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence, or 1 vanilla bean
- ½ box strawberry jelly mix
- Divide the popcorn in three parts in big mixing bowls.
- Pour the milk chocolate in one bowl and mix till it coats all the popcorn pieces.
- Add vanilla essence or the bean to 150 grams of white chocolate. Mix it with one bowl of popcorn.
- In the third bowl, add 150 grams of molten white chocolate (without vanilla essence).
- Once fully coated, add the strawberry jelly mix to it. Pour it slowly on the popcorn so as to gently coat it.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Coffee Popcorn
This one is for all coffee lovers!
Serves: 10 bowls
Time: 12 minutes
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- Melt the butter; then mix brown sugar, corn syrup and coffee till it bubbles. The consistency should be that of a thick gravy.
- Take it off the heat and mix baking soda for a thicker consistency.
- Pour this mixture over ready popcorn in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds or till it bubbles over the popcorn.
- Mix the whole bowl and serve hot.
- Sesame Popcorn
The sesame adds a savoury Indian touch to your light popcorn. This is ideal for a snack.
Serves: 6 bowls
Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 6 tablespoons popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Put the popcorn kernels in peanut oil and pop it in a microwave or pressure cooker.
- Take the sesame oil and sauté the seeds till they are light brown.
- Pour over the sesame oil with seeds on the ready popcorn and mix.
- Add lemon juice and mix lightly.
- Serve hot.
- Bacon Popcorn
You can never go wrong with bacon!
Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup bacon grease
- ¾ cup popcorn kernels
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons toasted bacon bits, bite-sized
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Pop the popcorn in bacon grease in a pressure cooker or microwave.
- Once done, remove the unpopped kernels and pour the rest into a large bowl. Mix salt and bacon bits in it.
- Serve warm with grated cheese.
- Coloured Popcorn
Make your regular popcorn even more exciting with different colours.
Serves: 4 bowls (of one colour)
Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (This is for a single colour; repeat the same quantity for other colours.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon red/yellow/blue/green food colouring
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 4 bowls popped popcorn
- Mix the water, sugar, butter and food colour on a pan and let it boil for a minute.
- Pour this mixture on ready popcorn till all the pieces are coated and coloured.
- Repeat the same with other food colours.
- Once cooled, mix all the coloured popcorn and serve in a bowl.
Don’t want to miss even a minute of the movie? Order some delicious bites from Wow Popcorn in Bandra. From Mumbai Cheese Tadka to Sizzling Pudina and Classic Sour Cream And Onion flavours, they have it all. You can also try the yummy Popcorn Chocolate from ROYCE.